Thursday, October 2, 2008

Olive Garden Toscana Soup






So I was given this recipe and I had to try it out. I love this soup. Well I used the Kale and I used a mild sausage instead of the hot (I didn’t think the kids would eat it otherwise). It really wasn’t hard to make. Here is the recipe if you want to try it out.

Olive Garden Toscana Soup
3/4 cup onions, diced 1/8 inch
1 slice bacon, 1/4−inch diced
1 1/4 teaspoon garlic cloves, minced
1 ounce chicken bouillon
1 quart water
2 medium potatoes, cut in half length−wise,
then cut in 1/4−inch slices
2 cups cavallo greens (kale can be substituted),
cut in half, then sliced into 1/16−inch strips
1 1/2 cups sausage link − spicy, pre−cooked, cut in half
length−wise, then cut at an angle into 1/2−inch slices
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Place sausage link onto sheet pan and bake in 300 degree oven for
15 to 20 minutes or until done.
Place onions and bacon into 3 to 4 quart saucepan and cook onions
over medium heat until the onions are almost clear. Add garlic and
cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken bouillon, water and potatoes, bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients then simmer for 5 more minutes and serve.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I loved the soup!! It was really good!

the blogivers said...

Looks yummy! Want to make me some and stick it in the mail? :)