Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mexican Riviera

So I must confess we had a ton of fun on our vacation. We both took turns feeling nauseous as the boat rolled around, but it wasn’t too bad until the way home when it really started rocking. We went visited Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta.
We made some new friends, Stacey and Brandon, who were there on their honeymoon (CONGRATULATIONS!). They are from Texas and we really enjoyed getting to know them. I hope that we will be able to keep in touch as they are great people!
We had a “special” charter group on our boat. It was the French connection, a group of swingers.
It made for some interesting people watching.
I even got Jeremy to go to salsa and ballroom dance classes. This alone is an accomplishment because he won’t usually try. We did okay considering. Stacey and Brandon were able to totally trump us, but they had taken dance classes before their wedding, a clear unfair advantage.
The food was great and I think I ate enough desserts for the next year. I also learned that I love cold fruit soups so I need to learn how to make them. We had a picky old lady at our table, Denise (who was nicknamed Bernice), who sent something back every night. The rest of us at the table began to try and guess which course she would send back. I think half the time it was because she wanted more than one plate, but honestly the food was good.
This is the first time I’ve sailed on Royal Caribbean but I would recommend it. It was over way too soon, how fast 7 days can fly when you’re having fun!

Mazatlan

Formal night

Woman shaving snow cones by hand, I was amazed!


Mazatlan

What would a cruise be without towel animals


Cabo San Lucas

Cabo San Lucas

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I really wish we could have gone with you guys. It looks like you had a ton of fun! Next time we'll have to go together!